Just because you’ve gone camping doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy a good night’s sleep. However, with such a wide range of sleeping bags to choose from, which should you go for?
Investing in a flannel sleeping bag is a great choice if you want to enjoy a comfortable night in your tent under the stars. There are plenty of excellent options to choose from that are made from good quality materials to keep you warm on cold or chilly nights.
Still, which should you choose? We look at five of the best flannel sleeping bags available and provide advice that will help you select the right one for your needs.
5 of the Best Flannel Sleeping Bags for Outdoor Camping
1. Best Cotton Sleeping Bags When Camping In Cold Weather
The first sleeping bag we review here is the REDCAMP Outdoors Cotton Flannel Sleeping Bag. If you are looking for a suitable one that will keep you warm when temperatures go down to between 30 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit, then this is the perfect one to take to keep you warm on a cold night.
Made from good-quality 210T polyester Ripstop fabric, it is durable enough to keep you warm throughout the night. Plus, the filling is made of the high-density hollow 350 GSM cotton filling adds another comfort level to help ensure you enjoy a good night’s sleep even in colder temperatures.
There is enough space inside this single sleeping bag to easily accommodate a full-grown adult. Like so many others, there is adequate room inside that it will cover you from head to toe.
- The 350 GSM cotton filling will provide additional comfort as you sleep
- It comes with a durable polyester shell
- The two-way zipper means you can connect it to other sleeping bags
- The built-in cords allow you to compress and tighten the bag easily
- It is lightweight, weighing in at 3lbs
- It isn’t machine washable
- The filling doesn’t seem sufficient to keep warm at the temperatures recommended
2. Best Cotton Flannel Sleeping Bag for Tall People
It can be quite tricky for tall individuals to find a car-camping sleeping bag that is long enough to accommodate them. This isn’t the case when it comes to the Coleman Big & Tall comfortable cotton sleeping bag.
These lightweight sleeping bags have been designed to be used by people who stand over 6 feet tall. It is, in fact, ideal for people who stand up to 6 feet 7 inches tall. The inner flannel liner helps lock heat inside, so even when temperatures go down to 10 degrees Fahrenheit on a cold night, the person using it will stay warm. Also, to help the heat remain inside the bag, a draft tube is fitted along the zipper. This is one of the main reasons why the bag stays warm even in colder weather.
However, the liner inside isn’t fully flannel cotton. It is a mixture of polyester and flannel. This, in turn, makes it an affordable option.
- The flannel liner that helps to lock the heat in will keep you warm at low temperatures
- The draft tube incorporated into the zipper prevents heat from your body from escaping
- It is long enough for a tall person to sleep in comfortably
- Easy to clean as it is machine washable
- It isn’t made entirely from cotton flannel
- You may find getting into it a little tricky as it is a bit slippery
3. Best Affordable Double Flannel Sleeping Bag
If you are looking for car-camping bags that can accommodate up to two people comfortably, the Canway double sleeping bag is a good option.
These double sleeping bags look very similar in style to the kind of bags you would have used when you went camping as a kid. However, rather than the exterior being made from cotton, it is made from high-quality, durable, waterproof polyester.
As for the inside, this is made up of cotton flannel liner that is placed over cotton. This combination of materials makes it feel like you just put on your favorite flannel shirt.
It also comes with a couple of pillows, and you can unzip the bag completely. This allows it to be used as a two single car-camping bag.
- The cotton flannel interior is very soft
- It comes with a great waterproof polyester outer cover
- It is machine washable
- There is ample space inside for two people
- It comes with a good amount of insulation to keep you warm on the chillest nights
- The travel pillows included don’t provide enough head and neck support
- Because it is thin, you will need to consider investing in a sleeping pad
4. Best Versatile Double Flannel Sleeping Bag for Adults
If you are looking for a bag to take when camping, hiking, or biking, look no further than the AGEMORE Cotton Flannel Sleeping Bag.
This innovatively designed two-in-one waterproof queen-size flannel sleeping bag for adults is an ideal choice for many.
This pleasant cotton double sleeping bag isn’t only reasonably priced but it is one of the most versatile bags on the market. This is ideal for any couple who enjoys spending time on outdoor trips and wants to enjoy a good night’s sleep.
The inside is lined with super-soft brushed flannel cotton, and this is then filled with synthetic insulation material to ensure that you stay warm even in cold weather. Plus, the polyester exterior is waterproof.
Also, this sleeping bag comes with two standard pillows integrated into it, so it leaves you with more space in your backpack for other essential items.
- The exterior is made from a high-quality waterproof material
- You will find it easy to store as it comes with a compression sack
- You can easily clean the outer layer of this bag as it is machine washable
- You can close it from the inside or outside using the anti-snag zippers
- You can separate it to allow you to use them as two single bags
- You may find that it isn’t big enough to accommodate you and your partner
5. Best Priced Single Flannel Sleeping Bag
If you love to travel and go camping and are looking for a suitable sleeping bag, then the Desert & Fox cotton flannel sleeping bag is a good option.
Like the others we’ve reviewed above, you will find that the outer liner is made of 210T tear-resistant polyester coated with PU, which makes it waterproof. Plus, the addition of this coating also helps to ensure that it will keep any body heat as you sleep inside.
With this bag, Desert & Fox has used a unique cotton flannel inside it, so it feels a lot thicker. Again, this comfortable cotton flannel liner helps to retain heat inside to keep you warm.
The design lets you use it throughout the year and is suitable for use when temperatures get between 41 and 59 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It comes with a pillow included to allow you a good night’s sleep
- It is made from polyester that is both waterproof and tear-resistant
- It comes with a compression bag, so it will not take up a lot of space in your backpack
- You can connect it to another one so you can make a sleeping bag big enough for two people to sleep in
- You may find it uncomfortable to sleep in because it may feel tight
- You may find that it doesn’t keep you warm enough at low cold temperatures
We hope you find the above sleeping bags suitable. Still, you are probably wondering what kind of sleeping bag you should be buying. Below we look at a few things you need to consider.
If you keep in mind the following, you’ll be able to choose a flannel sleeping bag that suits your particular needs.
Things to Consider When Buying a Cotton Flannel Sleeping Bag
When it comes to choosing camping equipment such as a cotton flannel sleeping bag, it all depends on the time of year and the kinds of conditions you will be sleeping in.
All sleeping bags have been designed to ensure that those using them enjoy a good night’s sleep. However, there are certain key features to look at closely.
Most sleeping bags use either down or synthetic insulation to help keep warmth inside them as you sleep.
The majority of bags are now made using synthetic materials as they are durable and easier to maintain. Still, they may not help you stay warm throughout the night.
As for ones that use down, these not only help to prevent too much heat loss, but they also weigh less. Plus, you’ll find that they compress down to a much smaller size.
Most sleeping bags come with a hood that helps to keep your shoulders and head warm. Look for ones that you can adjust to provide you with a snug fit.
This part of the bag isn’t as wide as the top part. It is more contoured and tight-fitting such as mummy sleeping bags to help keep you warm. Choose a bag that still allows you to move your feet a little.
Most sleeping bags use a range of different materials for their outer shell. However, it is best to choose ones made from 210T polyester. Not only are these waterproof, but they are much more durable.
This is a great extra feature to have on sleeping bags as it provides additional insulation around your neck, reducing the risk of cold spots developing.
Another feature to consider is that this will help ensure that you enjoy a comfortable sleep when away. Some bags have this feature and it goes over the top of the zip. It helps to stop the zip on the bag from coming undone and provides you with an additional piece of insulation.
Which Sleeping Bag is Best for Using in Cold Weather?
Choose a flannel sleeping bag that will work effectively when temperatures reach only 15 degrees Fahrenheit.
Are Flannel Sleeping Bags Warm?
The majority of flannel sleeping bags are made up of a durable outer layer and a good level of insulating material inside. These will provide enough insulation for people to keep them warm on a cold night.
Which is Best for Using Throughout the Year?
If you are looking for a sleeping bag for when you go on a camping trip at any time of the year, those with a temperature rating of 30 degrees are ideal.
Let’s Wrap Things Up
There are numerous benefits to buying a cotton flannel sleeping bags to take with you on weekend camping trips. These are ideal for making sure you enjoy sleeping in a warm and comfortable environment.
Plus, these types of the perfect choice for family camping as they will ensure that your body temperature is distributed evenly as you sleep.
The sleeping bag you are looking to buy doesn’t mean you need to spend a fortune. What is crucial is that you choose one that is the right size for you to enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep under the stars.
Any of the above-mentioned cotton flannel sleeping bags should suit your particular needs. These sleeping bags will help provide you with a great night’s sleep when you head off on any weekend camping trips.
Let us know what you think of this article and which of the best flannel sleeping bags we discussed above you decided to buy.